“Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends” – Richard Bach.
As I prepare myself to fly out from Sri Lanka after the 2017 Summit, I cannot help but think the world should be more like Global Voices…
- It should be a loving compassionate place where all peaceful ideas are welcome.
- It should encourage underrepresented communities to come forward and have their say…and not just their say, but also an opportunity to reclaim what is rightfully theirs.
- It should amplify the voices of those who are under threat.
- It should be a safe place for all kinds of folks, no matter how diverse they are.
- It should definitely involve more barefoot dancing and conga lines after each important meeting.
- … And when something is not working properly, Jer should be able to just fix it with his computer!